Monday, June 14, 2010

Quinn Learns To Use Scissors!

Over the past week Quinn has been practicing using scissors to cut paper. She then moved onto dental floss, which she liked cutting into little pieces. I felt this was a great exercise to develop her fine motor skills. We even discussed how no one cuts her hair but Karen (our stylist). When I came into the room today I discovered that she had taken the scissors to her own hair and cut a substantial amount. I was very calm until she decided that she could continue even with me standing there. That's when I shouted, "No!" She then seemed totally confused and asked why she couldn't keep going. The damage isn't too obvious. She took most of it from around her ears and it can be blended into the longer pieces pretty easily. Hopefully she's learned her lesson.
The scissors and the locks.


No comments:

Post a Comment